Sunday, July 15, 2007

Training 7/9 - 7/15

Mon- Weights, upper bulk #1 (chest, shoulders, triceps), 58 min
Tough workout after taking a week off from weight lifting.

Tues- Dreier Dirty Dozen, 9.2 mi, 1:05:52, 7:10/mi
GPS battery died after 20 minutes so I just tried to stay with the small group I was running with. Ended up falling behind them on the last hill on Stadium, but still finished strong.

Wed- 4.2 mi, 26:52, 6:24/mi
Track workout, 1 mi warmup, 8:07, 4-100s, 2- 800s, 2:59, 2:57; 2-600s, 2:10, 2:09; 2-400s, 1:18, 1:28; 1x300, 1:06, 800 m cool down
I wasn’t sure my legs felt up to the track workout, but as usual I seem to be able to do these workouts even with tired legs. The 800s and 600s were supposed to be done at 5K pace and each set about the same pace. The 400s were supposed to be mile pace, but my second one was too slow. The 300 was done as part of our 800 m relays.

Thurs- Mulch Pile, 7.8 mi, 58:22, 7:29/mi
We ran the first 3.9 mi in 32 minutes. I was thinking this is going to be a nice easy run. Then the pace really got out of control during the last half as we kept getting faster. The second half averaged 6:46/mi.

Evening: Weights, upper bulk #2 (Back/Biceps/Abs, PT, & Wobble, 60 min
I was so tired but managed to get the weights done.

Fri- I had planned to run 4 miles with the dogs, but very tired so decided to rest. Hugh accidentally let both dogs out at the same time and they were gone for 4 hours. I couldn’t go to bed early since I was worried about them. They came back muddy at 10:30 and he took them both into the shower. I was so awake; I couldn’t get to sleep until after midnight.

Sat-Long Run Lunatics, 2 Loop Twenty, 20 mi, 2:51:04, 8:31/mi
In spite of getting only 4 ½ hours sleep, I felt pretty good. Ran the second 10 miles about 1 minute faster. Enjoyable run and didn’t really seem like 20 miles.

Sun- Bear Creek Trail/Cosmo Park, 7.5 mi, 1:07:15, 8:58/mi
I decided to sleep in a little today. Since I slept in until 7:15, I really didn’t feel up to running out at Rock Bridge and felt like running some easy miles so ran on the Bear Creek Trail. I was planning to do 14 miles and it was quite humid and already above 70 F. I went out on the first section and first mile felt awful and I ran about a 10 minute pace. As I went on felt a little better and then ran through the park. On the way back about 1 mile from my car, I hear a distressing meow several times which sounds like kitten off in the trees. I decide to go into the woods and check it out looking around on the ground and trying to figure out where it is coming from. Then I see a kitten, probably 6 – 8 weeks up in a tree. This tree has no lower branches, but did have a vine hanging off the side so I managed to pull myself up to the small branch where it was sitting. By the time I got to that height, it decided to climb higher. I didn’t feel like pulling myself any higher so I get back on the ground and try to coax it down. That didn’t work so decide to run back to car, go home, and get the extension ladder. I also grabbed a cat carrier, gloves and a leather jacket. Hugh goes with me and we go into the woods to make sure the kitten is still there. It was no where to be seen or heard so I guess in the 40 minutes I was gone it either climbed down or fell out of the tree.

Afternoon: Prathersville Loop, 12.4 mi, 1:39:14, 8:00/mi
I decided that if I felt up to it, I would try to run more in the afternoon. I was feeling good so decided to do this loop course near where I live. It was 85 F so I took all the water I could carry. Started off and first mile was 8-something pace. This is a hilly course and I continued to feel strong and even picked up the pace a bit the last few miles. I’m really pleased with the pace considering the heat and the disappointing run this morning

Running: 61.2 mi

Weight-118 min

YTD Running: 1491.4

July 21st-Smokin’ Chicks BBQ 5K
July 29th-Show-Me State Games 5K
August 4th-Great Sandbagger 10K
September 3rd-Heart of America Marathon
September 22nd-Hocking Hills Indian Run – 60K

No comments: