Saturday, June 13, 2020

Quivering Quads 50K

Ran my first race of the season, Quivering Quads 50k on March 8. My weight was down 11 lbs since January and I had a few decent mileage weeks. I wasn’t sure how my body would perform although I’ve felt better than I have in quite awhile. I’m was shocked how well this went. I was a little embarrassed getting bib #1 but was realistic hoping for maybe 5 - 5.5 hours and maybe 5-10 place. I passed 11-12 people during the first 18 miles and the final runner a few miles later, managing to put about 6 minutes between us by the end. 4:41 was 24 min slower than my fastest 50k, 11 years ago on a flat mostly paved course. It was a beautiful day, beautiful trail and enjoyed making the trek to the race with friends.

Unfortunately, every race (Ohio Backyard, Double Chubb 50K, Trail of Four Winds 25K, Berryman 50 miler) since then has been either postponed until later this year or the next year. I decided to drop Ohio Backyard Ultra since it was moved to October. I'll probably run Trail of Four Winds next year since it was moved to September. Double Chub and Berryman, I can run in 2021 or 2022. Hopefully, some races start happening soon!








No comments: