Sunday, June 10, 2007

Training 6/4 - 6/10

Mon- Doe Brook with Dogs, 4 mi, 38:55, 9:44/mi

Tues- Dreier (hilly), 9.2 mi, 1:06:06, 7:12/mi
Good pace considering the hills and the course didn’t feel as difficult as I remember from the last time.

Evening: Weights, upper, PT, & wobble, 54 min

Wed- Rest

Thurs- MKT - Bridge, 5 half mile intervals, 7.8 mi, 59:54, 7:41/mi
After warm-up we did 5 half mile intervals with half mile recoveries. I didn’t time them, but was leading my group for the first 2 and the last 3 right behind Munashe.

Evening: Weights, upper, PT, & wobble, 51 min

Fri- Doe Brook with Dogs, 4 mi, 40:31, 10:08/mi
Hamstrings were sore.

Sat- Long Run Lunatics, Half Marathon Challenge course, 13 mi, 1:52:44, 8:40/mi
We started our run with another group and had 15 runners. Some ended up running a faster pace. This was a good pace for sore hammies and I needed to save something for Sunday.

Sun- Rock Bridge State Park, 5.2 mi, 1:07:11, 12:41/mi
The sky was glowing when I started the run and it was dark in the woods. I ran on the Gans Creek side and noticed a lot of horse poop. Thunder and lightening increasing so I decided to head back to the parking lot and decide if I would finish the planned 16 miles. I ran about half mile out and decided to turn back since I wasn’t enjoying this run. It was difficult to run fast since it was getting so dark and I didn’t want to get stuck in a thunderstorm in the woods.

Prathersville, 10.5 mi, 1:36:06, 9:09/mi
When I got home, it was raining. Hugh was out running so I decided to head out and run at least 10 more miles, 40 minutes after I stopped running at Rock Bridge. It rained hard off and on during the run with lightening and thunder, but still was a pretty enjoyable run.

Running: 53.8

Weight-lifting: 105 min

YTD Running: 1202.1


July 4th-Parley P. Pratt Memorial 4mile Freedom Run
July 21st-Smokin’ Chicks BBQ 5K
July 29th-Show-Me State Games 5K
August 4th-Great Sandbagger 10K
September 3rd-Heart of America Marathon
September 22nd-Hocking Hills Indian Run – 60K

No comments: